Saturday, November 20, 2010

National Novel Writing Month, Week Three

So now we’re at the point when this has gotten a bit…difficult. Not that I’m falling behind, mind you. The target for the day seems to be 33,334 words, while I’m comfortably sitting at 42,513. That being said, I’m now in the midst of that fun part where all the elements that seemed so intuitive before have stopped making any kind of sense. I’ve realized, for instance, that one of my main characters now has nothing to do between now and the climax of the book. Hmm. Whoops. Still, 50k’s not far away, and the ending of the book is only another few tens of thousands of words away, or something like that. Practically there already.

And now I’m going to go back to killing minor characters like there’s a price on their head, if you fellows don’t mind. I’ll turn up again tomorrow, though, to give you all a rather less narcissistic post.

No comments:

Post a Comment