Sunday, November 7, 2010

National Novel Writing Month, Week One

We’re six days into National Novel Writing Month right now, and I’ve got 16,217 words down, about six thousand ahead of the curve. Not too shabby, and I get to seem cool and competent (or at the least nerdy and obsessive) rather than pathetic. The actual book’s coming along decently, though, in typical Epic Fantasy fashion, it sprouted a few extra limbs and unwieldy new point of views.

Off to go write, now…

[I know I said I was doing this on Saturday, but I’m still sort of working out what day it fits best at.]

1 comment:

  1. Let's do the math here, see how many words I got...

    Oh, just over a thousand.

    Technically.

    First idea, scrapped, attempt one: 505 words
    Second idea, attempt one: 662 words
    Second idea, attempt two: 993 words
    Second idea, attempt three: 1375 words
    Third idea, currently in progress: 1037 words

    I am still not making proper progress, but I have run into a bit of an issue working graveyard shift five nights a week: I am always either asleep, falling asleep, or at work and that doesn't leave a lot of room for writing.

    As it is, I pushed out that thousand words yesterday and by the end I was nodding off mid-sentence.

    I just woke up. I am seriously considering going back to bed.

    (I may have to eventually blog about those former two idea and why I eventually decided to drop them.)

    ReplyDelete