Saturday, July 10, 2010

Plane Landing in 6...5...4...(This Afternoon)

Well, I’m back. I know, I know, it’s an exciting moment. Seeing as this is a book blog, I won’t bore you with the minutia of my travels, save for the literary portion of them. Of the books I brought with me (Susana Clarke’s Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norell, Neil Gaiman’s Anansi Boys, Peter F. Hamilton’s Pandora’s Star, Fyodor Dostoevsky’s Notes From the Underground, and Stephen R. Donaldson’s The Real Story) I got through far fewer than expected, because, it seems, Tennessee has some bookstores, including a nice used one where I got The Once and Future King, The Name of the Rose, and The King of Elfhand’s Daughter for only eighty cents.

On a subject even MORE fascinating than what happened to be in my suitcase, travelling both there and back, I’m pleased to announce that there will be quite a few posts in the next few days, as we seem to have missed the end/beginning of the month stuff. So, expect Reading in June tomorrow, Up and Coming (and Essential?) in July on Monday, and a review of Peter F. Hamilton’s Ngiht’s Dawn trilogy on Tuesday, after which we should be good to go on a normal schedule again.

While I was away, of course, the world wasn’t standing still. I’ll try to not to turn into an oracle of rehashed news, but I think it’s worth bringing up that Seamus Cooper’s having some better luck with Night Shade, which is certainly good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment