Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dreadnought and Surface Detail [Cover Art]


Absolutely excellent cover, which serves to remind me that I really need to get to Boneshaker. Or, really, any steampunk at all.

And, on a wholly different note, we've got Iain M. Banks's new Culture novel:


I'm still not sure if I really like, or really dislike, that cover, but it's eye catching and interesting either way, so I guess it succeeded. I've heard so many good things about Banks, but still haven't really gotten into him. I read Use of Weapons last year, and while I found parts of it to be exceptional, other parts soured the experience quite a bit. And then, of course, I got the ending twist of Player of Games revealed to me by someone who assumed I'd read it. Still, I suppose I can't count that against the man, and I guess I'll give him another chance at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment